Research laboratory “Teaching foreign languages”
Head of the Laboratory – D.Ph. (Pedagogics), assistant professor – Alla Gembaruk.
FL Teaching Laboratory is a subdivision of the Language Center. Its activity is regulated by official agreement between Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University (FL Teaching Laboratory headed by Alla Gembaruk) and Institute of Pedagogy of Ukrainian National Academy of Pedagogical Science (FL Teaching Laboratory headed by Valery Redko).
The main purpose of the laboratory is:
• organizing FL instructors’ research activity
• promoting research development
• improving students’ professional training.
The main tasks of the laboratory are:
• syllabus development
• textbooks, manuals, methods guides publishing
• innovative activity
• research activity.
• Romanic and Germanic languages
• FL methodology
Thus the following sectors can be found in laboratory structure: “FL teaching at pre-school establishments”, “FL teaching at secondary school”, “FL teaching at higher school”, “Linguistics”.
• scientific seminars and conferences
• round-table discussions
• monographs, textbooks, manuals, methods guides publishing
• theses defence
• cooperation with educational and research institutions
• cooperation with Pearson Education (Longman) and British Council in Ukraine.
Since 2012 laboratory members have been actively participating in Joint Project of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and British Council Ukraine “New Generation Schoolteacher”.21.11.2013